Volunteers help create memorable experiences for our guests while sharing the Aquatic Wonders and inspiring curiosity in the aquatic community. As a non-profit organization, volunteers enable us to enhance the education, conservation, and community programs that support the Aquarium's mission.
The Adult Volunteer Program
(age 18+) is designed for individuals interested in giving back to the community,
sharing a passion for the aquatic world surrounded by like-minded individuals,
and having fun! Applicants must be able to work independently in a fast-paced
environment and understand the crucial role accredited aquariums play in
education, conservation, and research. This program requires a longer-term
commitment and is not designed for one-time only opportunities.
Some of our available volunteer positions include:
- Welcome Host: Greet guests, answer questions, and foster an awe-inspiring experience for every single guest
- Aquarium Ambassador: Learn about our living collection and educate guests
- Mascot and Handler: Help Bayou Otter come to life for special events!
- Horticulture – Beautify our campus with our excellent Facilities team
- Administrative Assistant – Organize and assist various team members with behind-the-scenes tasks