Did you know the Aquarium is home to over 1 million gallons of aquatic habitats? Have you ever wondered how all that water is managed? Or, what do the dolphins eat and how does the animal care team make up their diets every day? Join us on a guided walking tour to discover all of this and more! The Behind-the-Scenes program will take participants on a walking tour to explore the dedicated care of our North American river otters, and also take a closer look into our commissary and life support systems.
- 30-45 minute guided walking tour of behind-the-scenes
- Behind-the-Scene tours are designed and recommended for guests ages 10 and up. Participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a paid adult. (18 or older)
- A portion of the tour includes seeing our North American river otter back-of-house area. Pending any unexpected animal health or safety situations, guests can expect to see an otter behind-the-scenes. Animal health is our top priority. If any participant is feeling sick we ask they not participate in the Behind The Scenes tour.
- No food or beverage is permitted while on the tour
- No photography allowed
- Tours begin promptly at the scheduled time
Guests will meet at the encounter check-in kiosk located in front of Changing Tides.